Chaleur Forest Products is the result of the consolidation of two established forest products companies and operates three sites in New Brunswick. Our mills located in Bathurst and Belledune have completely automated lines, producing over 300 million board feet of lumber per year. Our lumber is marketed throughout North America and distributed by rail and truck to the Canadian and the US Eastern Seaboard. Chaleur Forest Products employs over 400 people across our sites.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor in Bathurst, Millwrights are required to safely perform quality work, provide support services, and perform preventative maintenance processes that pertain to optimum mechanical performance of our facility.
- Responsible for installation, maintenance and repair of machinery and mechanical equipment such as pumps, fans, and conveyors.
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Repair or replace chains; belt conveyors; gear boxes/drive chains; hydraulics & pneumatics; welding/cutting; and using power tools.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes and jacks during the installation, set-up, and repair of machinery.
- Participating in the PM program on all equipment for continuous improvement of all machine centers.
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Keeping detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Cleaning, lubricating, and performing other routine maintenance tasks throughout the operation.
- Adhering to workplace safety policies, regulations, and compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, with designation required.
- Minimum 5 years of financial management experience with increasing responsibility in a manufacturing environment.
- Sawmill/lumber controller experience preferred.
- Leadership and sense of urgency: ability to drive accurate and timely positive results in a complex environment.
- Data-driven, disciplined, objective, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong analytical thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must be bilingual.
- Advanced computer knowledge with Microsoft Office Applications (especially Excel).
- 7 on, 7 off, 12 hour shifts, alternating days and nights.
- Competitive salary $24.79-28.21 (Depending on certification)
- Paid Leave
- Great health benefits
- Pension contributions
- Retention bonuses
- Full time/ Permanent
- Recognition bonuses
It’s no wonder why people love working for such an amazing company like Chaleur Forest Products. Join one of Northern New Brunswick’s fastest growing employers!
Send your details
Upload a copy of your resume and cover letter