Chaleur Forest Products is the result of the consolidation of two established forest products companies and operates three sites in New Brunswick. Our mills located in Bathurst and Belledune have completely automated lines, producing over 300 million board feet of lumber per year. Our lumber is marketed throughout North America and distributed by rail and truck to the Canadian and the US Eastern Seaboard. Chaleur Forest Products employs over 400 people across our sites.
- Work in manufacturing area in a safe, effective and productive manner, while working collaboratively as part of the operating team under supervision of a Forman (Chief Engineer).
- Maintain and troubleshoot all area-specific equipment to optimize performance to meet production targets. Issue work requests, safe work permits, perform equipment isolations.
- Perform process & equipment condition monitoring including sampling, testing & analysis. Complete area operations record such as routine readings, volume balances, log sheets, required reports.
- Participate in the development, review and revision of Safe Operating Procedures. Follow safe operating and chemical handling procedures and ensure environmental impact.
- Report all safety observations, near misses and incidents. Participate, safety meetings.
- Minimum Power Engineering Certificate (4th or 3rd Class)
- A commitment to urgency.
- Bilingual, a strong asset
- Excellent safety record and strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills are required
- Experience within a sawmill environment is a huge asset
- Ability to work shift, weekends and nights
- Competitive starting salary
- Starting vacation
- Great health benefits
- Pension contributions
- Retention bonuses
It’s no wonder why people love working for such an amazing company like Chaleur Forest Products. Join one of Northern New Brunswick’s fastest growing employers!
Send your details
Upload a copy of your resume and cover letter